Monday, October 15, 2007

The Bottom Biting Bug!

The latest kid song craze in Japan is the Bottom Biting Bug. Fox and I first saw this a week ago on a variety show. There was a woman and a group of girls on TV dancing to the Oshiri song. Later, at the bookstore, the song was playing on a loop on the TV there, and a few girls stood around it singing the song. Apparently, the Bottom Biting Bug was created by an older couple who felt that Japanese people were minding their business TOO much. By "biting bottoms" and being nosy, you get to know people better. So, biting someone's bottom is like a warm, friendly conversation between the biter and bitee. I am posting this, because I can't get the song out of my head, and oh yeah, because biting bottoms to get to know others is so crazy it just might work!

3 comments:

Dave said...

Wha...I don't think that's the most appropriate term for socializing...It might encourage bad habits(hygienically and more). Ugh I already have it stuck in head. Thanks a lot! Jk, hope you guys are doing well
love
david

Ru said...

Oh that is hillarious...i could see how it would get stuck in your head. I like that the justification for being nosy or gossiping is justified by a cute lil bug that bites butts. I would like to meet the person who came up with this song.

bren said...

So this one time when I was a kid, i almost bit someone's butt. I was trying to swim underwater at the public rec pool and I closed my eyes for a bit. I ended up nailing someone in the butt with my face as I tried to come up. I don't think I actually bit, but I was about as close to biting as one can possibly be without actually biting. It turned out to be my older sister's friend, who had come with us that day. We never got to know each other though. Therefore, I have my doubts as to the validity of bottom biting as an effective means of getting to know someone.