Friday, August 22, 2008

Sayonara, Japan!

Fox and Amy are no longer in Japan! We are now in Logan, Utah, where Fox will be going to school full-time and teaching part-time at Utah State University. Our journey back to the United States was long. China Airlines has gross food and doesn't let people with kids board first. But way to go on hosting the Olympics!

We are so glad to be back in the U.S. with its cheap produce and large streets. Here's a little update on each of us:

Cash is still adjusting and has not been sleeping well. He spends his days at the park across the street, coloring, reading, or terrorizing the cats. Today, he pulled Jubilee's tail and then immediately put himself in time-out, smiling the whole time. He's been eating more than ever and actually loves broccoli now. I'm amazed! We are in the process of figuring out which type of diapers work for him. We've tried a couple brands. One had fragrance in it, which made his legs break out. The other was cheap and not absorbent, so he got a bad diaper rash. Time to potty learn!

Fox has spent this last week in orientation and is really enjoying USU campus. He will be teaching a freshman English class at 7:30 am! Luckily, we live just a few blocks from campus. He is loving not having to duck under doorways. Also, he discovered that the Logan library has a plethora of graphic novels, much to his delight!

I discovered that the Logan library does not check out magazines, so it's a good thing that I no longer have my magazine addiction. I am loving Logan. Everything is on Main Street. We are within a 5 minute drive of anywhere we need to go. Also, there is a great farmer's market on Saturdays. I had my first doctor's appointment today and really like my doctor. Everything is going well with my pregnancy. Did I mention that there is a huge park across the street? It's so fun to spend the hour before Cash's bedtime just playing at the park.

Kelsy has been here with us for two weeks, and she's been spoiling me with service! She moves to her new place tomorrow, and it's right around the block. It is so nice to have her so close.

We are really glad to be back, although we really miss the people we got to know in Japan. I guess we'll have to rename this blog!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! we are glad you are back too! Hooray for parks! Boo for no magazine service (: Good luck at work Fox!

Unknown said...

Yay! we are glad you are back too! Hooray for parks! Boo for no magazine service (: Good luck at work Fox!

Mrs Abbott said...

Thanks for updating your blog, Amy! We miss you and are glad you are settling in! Enjoy Utah- it's a good place to be!

Douglas Smith said...

Welcome back! It was great talking with you on skype the other night.

We're looking forward to visiting everyone in Utah.

Ru said...

I'm glad you guys are settling in and Fox has his kitties back. I think Fox will love teaching. The farmers market sounds neat. I'm curious though if you cut your hair shorter. Plus I need your new info darlin. I have a suggestion for the new title of your blog, Ellis Exploits ;)